From UCSC Wiki
Welcome to the University of Colombo School of Computing Wiki
This is the wiki of the University of Colombo School of Computing (UCSC). This simple collaborative platform is intended for creating a knowledge base by accumulating the vast amount of knowledge of individuals within the UCSC. We invite all members of the UCSC including students to contribute to the development of this knowledge base.
Any logged in user of the can edit an existing page or create a new page in the wiki. If you do not already have an account please send an e-mail to Hakim and he will create one for you.
Note: I think we need ONE exremely important ground rule - no posting URL's alone without at least a summary of what the linked page contains. The focus in a Wiki like this is to distill our own learning and understanding and summarize it for others, using URL's only if absolutely necessary (a good example of proper use of URL's is the way Wikipedia uses them - very sparingly!).
Things we do
Let's start a list of things we can do using this platform (please feel free to add):
- UCSC Internal Procedures and Processes: The purpose of this is to clarify, preserve and disseminate our corporate knowledge pertaining to internal procedures
- Forum for Ideas: This is a platform for generating and expressing new ideas (even half-baked ones)
- Technology Update: This is an area where we can share recent key technologies we think are important with each other
- Educational Technology: This is a dedicated area for sharing experiences in our core business - teaching and learning
- New Courses: This is where newly proposed courses can be collaborated on
- Research Interests: Here we can open up discussion to others of our research interests - the core of our core business!
- ICTer Journal: UCSC managed International Journal
- Humour and other Tidbits: There has to be something to make us laugh... :-D
- Lunch time seminar: The weekly research seminar of UCSC.
- Sinhala Terms: Try to plug in all the Sinhala Terms used in CS and ICT
- Tech-Support: Specially for things like Sinhala Unicode support
- Project Ideas: Project Ideas for Undergraduates & Postgraduates
- UCSC Futures: Ideas for how to develop UCSC
- Scratch Pad: This space is a kind of sandbox to practice wiking doing rough work!
- UCSC.Tv: To extend our reach beyond the campus limits!
- PerformOMeter: Stats that we all should know
- External Extension Programmes: Stats on all Extension & External Programmes of UCSC
- Archive: To put stuff that we may need to refer to in the future...
- GSoc: Potential projects for the Google Summer of Code
- HowTos : How to do certain technical things (e.g. Install, configure or modify software)
- HowTos Processes : Sharing experience on how certain task were done so that someone can take over later
- Postgraduate Study Overseas: Pointers for securing places for overseas postgraduate study
- Review of Teaching-Learning-Assessment: Sharing ideas and experiences of Teaching-Learning and Assessment to address graduate Quality