Networking and Systems Research Group
Key areas of research at Networking and Systems Research Group spans from design of network protocols to analysis of social networks. Some of the areas we are interested in are listed below.
- Design and implementation of network protocols at various levels
- Cloud computing
- Performance measurements and analysis of network protocols
- Analysis of social networks
- Modeling of peer – to – peer networks
- Innovations in web acceleration
We also have a special emphasis on networked systems for low resource network environments specially in world's developing regions.
- Dr. Ajantha S. Atukorale, Senior Lecturer, UCSC
- Dr. Chamath Keppitiyagama, Senior Lecturer, UCSC
- Wathsala W. Vithanage, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Deependra Ariyadeva, Technical Lead, WSO2
- W.W. Vithanage, D.A.S. Atukorale, Bassa: A Time Shifted Web Caching System for Developing Regions, inProceedings of the 5th ACM Workshop on Networked Systems for Developing Regions (NSRD 2011), Maryland, USA: Jun, 2011, pp. 63-68.
- W.W. Vithanage, D.A.S. Atukorale, A Novel Classifier for Engineering Web Traffic, in IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications, Corfu, Greece: Jun, 2011, pp. 1009 - 1016.
- P.D. Ariyadewa, G.D. Karunathilake, D.A.S. Atukorale, Auto Scaling VM Soup in Elastic Cloud, in Proceedings of International Conference on Advances in ICT for Emerging Regions Conference (ICTer 2010), Colombo, Sri Lanka: Sep, 2010.
- W. Vithanage, B. Siddisena, D.A.S. Atukorale, Next Generation Proxy Servers, in Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Advanced Communication Technology (ICACT 2008), (Vol III), Phoenix Park, South Korea: Feb, 2008, pp. 2183-2187.
Bassa project (http://www.ucsc.cmb.ac.lk/wiki/index.php/Bassa)